Northeast Indiana Works has released the first video in a series designed to promote manufacturing careers to middle school students.
“Students told us which social media they use most and gave us good feedback about the kinds of messages that would appeal to their age group,” said Rick Farrant, director of communication at Northeast Indiana Works. “We wanted students to understand they could aim toward rewarding careers in advanced manufacturing right here in northeast Indiana.”
The videos are part of a www.beginswith.me manufacturing career awareness campaign supported by the Don Wood Foundation. The goal is to produce videos highlighting career opportunities in each of the 11 counties in Region 3.
The first “Make What You Love” video features Alyssa Gilpin, currently a student at Huntington North High School and a member of the First Robotics Competition Team 1501.
The video may be seen on these platforms:Widgets
- TikTok https://firstname.lastname@example.org/video/7201185447333072174
- Instagram https://www.instagram.com/mfg.beginswith.me/reels/
- YouTube https://youtube.com/shorts/sAI5xqTEDNo?feature=share
- Facebook https://fb.watch/iJYpprpnNW/
- Linkedin https://www.linkedin.com/feed/update/urn:li:activity:7031358291150610432
- Snapchat (coming soon)
The video series is being produced in the studios of Fort Wayne Marketing under the direction of Justin Kendall and Cora Lupardo.